Am I eligible to use CheckMate?
If you're a Capital One 360 Customer with a 360 Savings, Kids Savings Account, 360 Checking or MONEY, you’re good to go to use CheckMate. Just remember, you have to have the Capital One 360 mobile app already downloaded to your mobile device. Learn more Opens a new windowabout the mobile app.
Will my phone work with CheckMate?
You’ll need an iPhone or Android device. iPhones should be 3GS or newer, running iOS 4.3 or greater. Android devices should be running OS 2.2 or greater.
Is there a maximum deposit limit?
There's a limit of $3,000 per deposit. To deposit a check that’s more than $3,000, follow these steps:
- First, deposit the check into your external linked checking account. Once the funds are available, sign in to capitalone360.com and transfer the money electronically from your linked account to your Capital One 360 account. This is the easiest and fastest way to deposit your check.
- If you don’t have a link on file, you can also mail your check in for deposit:
- Write your Customer Number and Account Number (you can find this on the ‘My Accounts’ page) on the check.
- Drop the check into an envelope.
- Mail the envelope to:
Capital One 360
PO Box 60
St. Cloud, MN 56302-0060
Is there a daily deposit limit?
There’s a daily limit of $5,000 or 20 check deposits, whichever you reach first. Keep in mind, any check deposits you make after the 5 PM ET cut-off time will count towards your limit for the following day.
How do I endorse the back of my check?
If the check’s made out to just you, sign your name on the back. If the check’s made out to two people, properly signing it can be tricky. Recently married couples may run into issues here. When in doubt, have both people sign the check. Here are some guidelines:
- When the word “AND” is used
- Example: John Smith AND Susan Smith
- The check can be accepted if:
- Both people are on the Capital One 360 account and only one Customer endorses the check
- Only one person is on the Capital One 360 account and both people endorse the check
- Only one person is on the Capital One 360 account and the non-Capital One 360 Customer endorses the check
- The check may be rejected if:
- Only one person is on the Capital One 360 account and no one endorses the check
- Only one person is on the Capital One 360 account and the only endorsement is by the Capital One 360 Customer
- When the word “OR” is used
- Example: John Smith OR Susan Smith
- The check will be accepted as long as the check has been endorsed by one of the people
Keep in mind, checks made out to minors are a little different. To make sure these checks are accepted, parents or guardians should write “Parent/Guardian” below their signature on the back of the check.
If you tried to deposit a check using CheckMate and it was rejected, just update the signatures on the back of the check based on the guidelines above and try again.
Products and services offered by Capital One 360, a division of Capital One, N.A., Member FDIC.
© 2013 Capital One. All rights reserved.