How do I add a link?
Keep in mind, you cannot add a link online for 30 days if you're a new Capital One 360 Customer. Otherwise, follow the steps below to add a link online or through the mail.
To add a link online:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number or Saver ID and PIN and select the 'External Accounts' tab.
- Click on 'Add Link', enter your new external account link information, and answer a few security questions.
- We will ask you to confirm ownership of your checking account by verifying 2 small amounts (you may see one or two small deposits – each less than $1.00) that we will deposit into your external checking account.
- Review the activity on your external checking account to determine the small amount(s) 2-4 business days after adding the link.
- Once you have the amount(s), sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number or Saver ID and PIN and click on the ‘External Accounts’ tab. Select ‘Unconfirmed’ and enter the amount(s).
To add a link by mail:
- Send us a personal check payable to yourself that is pre-printed with your name and address, made out for a deposit amount of at least $1.00 from the new external account link. The name pre-printed on the check must exactly match the name on your Capital One 360 account.
- Write your Customer Number and the word "Link" on the memo line of the check and make sure you sign it (but do NOT endorse the check).
- Keep in mind that the account you would like to link must be a personal checking account, not a brokerage or money market account. Voided or "starter" checks (checks without your personal information printed in the upper left corner) or checks with the words "payable through" cannot be used.
- Mail your personal check to add a link to:
||Capital One 360
P.O. Box 60
St. Cloud, MN 56302-0060
Please Note: For your protection, if you add a link via mail, we place a temporary restriction on transfers to your new linked account for 5 business days from the date that it is received. This is a security measure to protect your money.
How do I delete a link?
If you only have one link on file, you’ll need to add another before you can delete the link you want. We want to make sure you have a way to access your money.
To delete a link:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number or Saver ID and PIN
- Click on the 'External Accounts' tab
- Click the delete 'X' next to the link
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you only have one link on file, you must first establish another one before you can remove your existing link. This is the only way you will be able to transfer money to and from your Capital One 360 Account.
If my checking account bank was recently bought by another bank do I need to update my link information?
In most cases, if you simply initiate a transfer, your bank will notify us of the change. Once we receive that information, we’ll update the bank name, account and/or bank routing numbers of your linked account on our side. This usually occurs within about a week of the transfer.
How do I change my external linked checking account?
If you only have one link on file, you’ll need to first add a new link and confirm it before you can delete the old one.
If you already have more than one link on file, just delete the link you no longer want and add the new external checking account. Remember, you must always have at least one valid external linked checking account on file.
Find out how to add a link.