Am I eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
If you're a Capital One 360 Customer with a 360 Savings, Kids Savings Account, 360 Checking or MONEY, you’re good to go to use Mobile Deposit. Just remember, you have to have the Capital One 360 mobile app already downloaded to your mobile device. Learn more Opens a new windowabout the mobile app.
Will my phone work with Mobile Deposit?
You’ll need an iPhone or Android device. iPhones should be 3GS or newer, running iOS 4.3 or greater. Android devices should be running OS 2.2 or greater.
Is there a limit to the amount I can deposit?
There's a daily limit of $5,000 or 20 check deposits, whichever you reach first. There's a monthly limit of $10,000. Keep in mind, any check deposits you make after the 9 PM ET cut-off time will count towards your limit for the following day.
To deposit a check that’s more than $5,000, here are some options:
- If you live close to a Capital One ATM, you can deposit checks using one of our deposit taking ATMs. See if one is near you Opens a new window.
- Deposit the check into your external linked checking account. Once the funds are available, sign in to capitalone360.com and transfer the money electronically from your linked account to your Capital One 360 account.
- If you don’t have a link on file, you can also mail your check in for deposit:
- Write your Customer Number and Account Number (you can find this on the ‘My Accounts’ page) on the check.
- Drop the check into an envelope.
- Mail the envelope to:
Capital One 360
PO Box 60
St. Cloud, MN 56302-0060
How do I endorse the back of my check?
If the check’s made out to just you, sign your name on the back. If the check’s made out to two people, the manner in which we'll be able to accept it is based upon whether the word "and" or the word "or" was used on the Made Paybable To Line. When in doubt, have both people sign the check. Here are some guidelines:
- When the word “AND” is used
- Example: John Smith AND Susan Smith
- The check can be accepted if:
- Both Customers are on the Capital One 360 account and only one Customer endorses the check
- The check will be rejected if:
- Only one Customer is on the account with us
- Only one Customer is on the Capital One 360 account and one or both people endorse the check
- When the word “OR” is used, this means either Customer can be involved
- Example: John Smith OR Susan Smith
- The check can be accepted as long as:
- Both Customers are on the account with us and there is no endorsement
- Both Customers are on the account with us and there is only one endorsement
- Both Customers are on the account with us and both people have endorsed the check
- Only one Customer is on the account with us and both people endorsed the check
- Only one Customer is on the account with us and there's only one endorsement by either person
If you tried to deposit a check using Mobile Deposit and it was rejected, just update the signatures on the back of the check based on the guidelines above and try again.
Investment and Insurance Products Are:
|Not FDIC Insured||Not Bank Guaranteed||May Lose Value|
|Not a Deposit||Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency|
Banking and lending products and services are offered by Capital One, N.A. NMLS ID 453156, and
Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., Members FDICOpens a new window
Equal Housing Lender
Investment products are offered by Capital One Investing, LLC, a registered broker-dealer and Member FINRAOpens a new window/SIPC Opens a new window
Investment advisory services are provided by Capital One Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
Insurance products are offered through Capital One Agency, LLC.
All are subsidiaries of Capital One Financial Corporation. >
© 2017 Capital One
. All rights reserved.