What is an electronic checking account?
360 Checking is a checking account without the paper. You can do everything – pay bills, mail a paper check, make a secure deposit directly into someone's account, transfer money – securely online at capitalone360.com. And with your 360 Checking Debit Card, you can access cash at ATMs worldwide or make purchases anywhere MasterCard® is accepted. You'll even receive all communications from us electronically.
After my 360 Checking is opened, will I receive paper checks to write?
You won't automatically receive checks to write, but you can order your first checkbook of 50 checks for free. After that, a checkbook will cost $5.00. If you prefer to pay electronically, you'll still be able to make payments online or use your debit card for purchases.
How do I set up Direct Deposit to my 360 Checking?
You can set up Direct Deposit one of three ways:
- Give your Capital One 360 Account Number and our Routing Number, 031176110, to your employer or financial institution. Need a voided check? Learn more on how to get one.
- PRINT Opens a new window our blank Direct Deposit form and fill in your information.
- You can access our pre-filled Direct Deposit form online.
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number/Saver ID (Username) and PIN
- Click on your '360 Checking'
- Go to the 'Forms' tab and click on the 'pre-filled form' link
Remember, you can choose to have all or only a portion of your paycheck direct deposited.
What are the eligibility requirements for 360 Checking?
You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security number and be at least 18 years old. As part of the account opening process, we may or may not obtain information about you from a consumer reporting agency (a "hard pull"). If we do, we may or may not open 360 Checking for you based on that information.
You are not required to keep your other checking account after your 360 Checking is opened. You do not need to have another Capital One 360 account in order to apply for 360 Checking.
Can I have more than one 360 Checking?
Customers can only have one 360 Checking. For example, if you have a joint 360 Checking with another Customer, you cannot have another 360 Checking with anyone else or a single 360 Checking in your name only.
Can I use my personal finance software to track my 360 Checking transactions?
Sure. Downloading your financial transactions to your personal finance software, like Quicken®, Money® or CSV downloads works the same way it does for our other accounts. To download your transactions, click on your 360 Checking and click on the ‘Download’ link.
Capital One 360 requires Customers to use Web Connect to download their Capital One 360 account information. And depending on the software or program you’re using, you may need an Access Code in order to pull your Capital One 360 information into the tool. The Access Code is used in place of your Sign In PIN, so you keep your personal information safe and secure. Learn more about downloading transactions.
How do I get a voided check?
If you have a 360 Checking or MONEY account you can print a voided check directly on our website. To get a voided check:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number/Saver ID (Username) and PIN
- Click on your 360 Checking or MONEY account
- Go to the 'Forms' tab
- Click on the 'print one' link in the 'Voided Check' section
Now that I'm applying for 360 Checking, do I need to close my checking account at my other bank?
You don’t have to keep your external checking account. To learn more about 360 Checking and get some helpful tips on switching checking accounts, check out our guide Opens a new window.
Is there any minimum balance I need in order to earn the interest rate?
You earn interest no matter what. If your balance is $49,999.99 or less, you earn an annual percentage yield of
. If your balance is between $50,000-$99,999.99, your entire balance earns
APY; and if your balance is $100,000 or more you will earn
APY on your entire balance! (Rates variable, as of
How is my 360 Checking interest rate determined?
Your interest rate is determined by the balance in your account at the end of each day (12 AM ET). The rate is variable and may change from day to day if your account balance moves above or below the balance thresholds for each interest rate listed above.
What fees will I incur if I have 360 Checking?
Like you'd expect from Capital One 360, there are no fees for having your account. But we want to be up front, and let you know that there are six charges you could potentially incur for certain extra services.
- Overdraft Line of Credit. You pay interest if your balance drops below zero and you use your Overdraft Line of Credit. Unlike traditional banks, 360 Checking does not charge a fee to use your overdraft, and there's no fee to sign up. If you use it, you will only pay interest on the amount you borrow.
- Overnight Delivery of a Check. If you use our Overnight a Check Opens a new window service to send payments via overnight courier (for those instances when you need to send money for next bank business day delivery) the cost is $20. First-class Mail a Check Opens a new window delivery is free if you can wait a couple of days.
- Overnight Delivery of a Replacement Card. If you request to have a replacement 360 Checking Card sent to you via overnight courier, the cost is $25. There is no charge for standard delivery of a replacement card.
- Rejected Check. If a check is presented to us for payment and there aren’t enough funds in your account, there is a $9.00 Rejected Check Charge that will automatically be deducted from your 360 Checking.
- Stop Payment. If we're able to stop a paper payment at your request, there is a $25 stop payment charge. Learn more about Stop Payments Opens a new window.
- Foreign Transaction. If you use your Card for a foreign transaction (any transaction made in a foreign currency or that MasterCard® classifies as a cross-border transaction), we won't charge you anything. Please remember to notify us if you are travelling overseas Opens a new window.
How do I close my 360 Checking?
Please give us a call at 1-888-464-0727 if you'd like to close your 360 Checking. Associates are available from 8 AM to 8 PM, 7 days a week.
Can I set up an Automatic Savings Plan for my 360 Checking?
Yes. To set up an Automatic Savings Plan:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com using your Customer Number/Saver ID (Username) and PIN
- Click on the 'Automatic Savings Plan' tab and select 'Start Saving' from the 'How It Works' tab.
- Choose the amount you want to save, how often you'd like it deposited and the start date
If you’d like to change or delete your Automatic Savings Plan, simply click on your plan and select the 'Change' or 'Delete' button. Remember to make changes more than one business day before the transfer is scheduled to occur.
Are there any transaction limits on 360 Checking?
Yes. The transaction limit depends on how you’re making the payment.
- Bill Pay: $100,000 per transaction
- Person2Person Payment: $5,000 per day. Individual transactions are also limited to $5,000
- Mail a Check: $100,000 per transaction
- Overnight a Check: $100,000 per transaction
- 360 Checking Card ATM withdrawal: $1,000 per day (Some ATMs have their own transaction limits, so it may take multiple transactions before reaching the daily limit)
- 360 Checking Card purchases using your PIN: $5,000 per day
- 360 Checking Card purchases not using your PIN: $5,000 per day
How do I make deposits into my 360 Checking?
You can make deposits into your 360 Checking from another Capital One 360 account, linked checking account, or one of the following ways:
- Deposit a check from anywhere with CheckMate – Use our mobile app to snap a picture of your check or upload an image from any computer. CheckMate is available to everyone with 360 Savings, Kids Savings Account, 360 Checking or MONEY.
- To access Image Upload:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com.
- Go to the ‘Transfers & Deposits’ tab.
- Select the ‘Deposit Checks’ tab, choose ‘Image Upload’ and follow the steps.
- To access CheckMate - Mobile:
- Sign in to the Capital One mobile app and go to Capital One 360.
- Touch the ‘Deposit' tab in the left-hand menu.
- Set up Direct Deposit Opens a new window
- Sign in to access your account 24/7 at capitalone360.com and click on the ‘Transfers & Deposits’ tab.
- Call our Interactive Phone Service with 24/7 access at 1-888-464-7868.
- Deposit a check via one of check our deposit taking ATMs. See if one is near you Opens a new window.
- Mail a check for deposit to (and be sure to include your Account Number on the check):
Capital One 360
PO Box 60
St. Cloud, MN, 56302-0060
How do I withdraw money from my 360 Checking?
You have several options:
- Use your 360 Checking Debit Card anywhere MasterCard is accepted.
- Use our state-of-the-art 360 Checking payment features.
- Access cash for free at over 38,000 Allpoint® ATMs with your Card; or from merchants that allow cash back as a part of a PIN-based purchase.
- Transfer Money to another Capital One 360 account or your linked checking account.
- Get a cash advance from a participating local bank using your Card for up to $5,000. Keep in mind the bank may have a lower withdrawal limit than Capital One 360.
Is there a limit on the number of transactions (deposits or withdrawals) I can do in a month?
No. You can do as many transactions as you like (unlike 360 Savings, which as part of federal regulations has a limit of 6 withdrawals per month).
What is an electronic transfer?
All funds transferred to and from Capital One 360 are done electronically via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system.
Every day we send all our transfer requests to the ACH. That system then pulls together all the daily requests they receive from thousands of banks and routes them to the appropriate receiving bank. And voila, we have a transfer.
These transfers are free and typically take 2 business days to complete. View a demo Opens a new window to learn more about electronic transfers.
Is there a limit to the number of accounts I can have with Capital One 360?
Yes. There is a limit to how many accounts each Customer can have (don’t worry, we doubt you’ll even get close to it) with Capital One 360. You could be either a primary or joint account holder on a specific account and it would still count as one account. Here’s how it breaks down:
- 360 Savings and Business Savings Accounts: 25 accounts max
- CDs and Business CDs: 50 accounts max
- 360 Checking: 1 account
Please note: IRA Savings and IRA CD accounts are not included in the total number of 360 Savings and/or CDs you can have.
How do I view specific types of transactions in my account?
If you’re looking to view specific type of transactions in your account, here’s how:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com
- Click on the account you want to view
- Go to the ‘History’ section
- Use the drop down boxes to filter your transaction results and click on the ‘Search’ button
What is backup withholding?
Backup withholding is when someone makes certain payments to you and you must withhold and pay 28% of those payments to the IRS. Payments that may be subject to backup withholding include, but are not limited to, interest, dividends and broker and barter exchange transactions.
If you provide your correct Social Security Number, make proper certifications and report all your taxable interest and dividends on your tax return, payments you receive should not be subject to backup withholding.
How do I update my backup withholding status?
Updating your backup withholding status is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Visit www.irs.gov Opens a new window or call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to obtain a W-9 Form
- Fill out and send in the W-9 Form to advise us of your updated withholding status
- Fax: 1-877-464-4963, ATTN: Operations Research
- Mail: Capital One 360, ATTN: Operations Research, P.O. Box 60, St. Cloud, MN 56302.
Your backup withholding status will be updated the day we receive the W-9 Form and funds will/won't be withheld beginning that month.
- If your account(s) is jointly held and the joint holder needs to update their withholding status, they also need to follow the steps listed above.
- To update backup withholding for a minor, a parent or guardian may sign their own name on the W-9 Form in place of the minor.
- To update backup withholding for a Business Account, an Authorized Signer can complete and return the W-9 Form.
How do I request a Verification of Deposit (VOD)?
Requesting a Verification of Deposit (or VOD) is easy. Here’s how:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com
- Click on one of your accounts
- Go to the ‘Forms’ tab
- Under the "Verification of Deposit" section, click the ‘Verification of Deposit’ link to generate and print a form
You can select which accounts you want included. Keep in mind, your account must be open for at least 30 days to be included.
Can I use a Capital One Bank branch to service my Capital One 360 account(s)?
No, you can’t drop into a Capital One branch for help (the nice bankers won’t be able to pull up your account), but call us at 1-888-464-0727 from 8 AM to 8 PM and we can help you out.