How can I close my account?
Follow these directions to close one of your Kids Savings Accounts – you’ll need to repeat the steps to close multiple accounts:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com with your Customer Number/Saver ID (Username) and PIN.
- Click on the account you want to close.
- Check to make sure you have no scheduled transactions or deposits on hold (including an Automatic Savings Plan).
- Click the 'Transfers & Deposits' tab.
- Enter the entire balance of the account as the amount you'd like to transfer.
- Select your savings account as the 'from' account and the account you’d like the money transferred to as the 'to' account.
- Click the 'Transfer' button and finally the 'Close Account' button.
Once you do this, your account will be closed. If you're consolidating funds into another Capital One 360 account, the transfer is immediate. If you're transferring the funds to your external linked checking, the funds will arrive in 2 business days.
Products and services offered by Capital One 360, a division of Capital One, N.A., Member FDIC.
© 2013 Capital One. All rights reserved.