Skip The Basics Links
What is CheckMate and how do I access it?
CheckMate allows anyone with an Capital One 360 Savings account, Kids Savings Account, 360 Checking or MONEY to deposit checks from anywhere. To access CheckMate - Mobile:
- Sign in to the Capital One mobile app and go to Capital One 360.
- Touch the ‘Deposit' tab in the left menu.
View CheckMate Terms & Conditions Opens a new window
How do I deposit a check with my phone?
Depositing your check is easy. Sign in to the Capital One 360 mobile app, then follow these steps:
- Touch the ‘Deposit' tab in the left menu and hit ‘Start.’
- Snap a picture of the front and back of your check.
- Enter the deposit amount and select the account where you want the money to go.
- That’s it.
Still need help? Check out Opens a new window our demo.
What kind of checks can I deposit?
We’ll accept U.S. personal, business, and federal checks.
Deposits that won’t be accepted include:
- Foreign Checks
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- Savings Bonds
Are there any fees to use CheckMate?
Nope, CheckMate is a completely FREE way for you to deposit checks into your Capital One 360 account(s), faster.
What should I do with my check after I deposit it?
Hang on to your check until you receive an email from us confirming that your check has been successfully deposited. After that, go ahead and void the check by writing "VOID" across it.
When will my check deposit be available?
Checks deposited using CheckMate have slightly different hold times than regular transfers. Here’s the breakdown:
- Checks deposited into 360 Checking or MONEY for less than $500 – first $200 is available the next business day, the remaining funds are available after 2 business days
- Checks deposited into 360 Checking or MONEY for greater than $500 – first $200 is available the next business day, the remaining funds are available after 5 business days
- Any deposit into 360 Savings or Kids Savings Account - funds are available after 5 business days
- A check deposit drawn on 360 Checking or a Capital One Bank account - funds are available the next business day
- Funds from a credit card cash advance check (even if issued by Capital One) are not subject to next business day availability and will follow the standard hold times listed above.
Note: Checks deposited into 360 Checking or MONEY via a check deposit taking ATM are available after 2 business days (the first $200 will be available the next business day).
For some deposits, like Federal checks, the total amount of the funds will be made available the next business day.
Here are a few examples:
- I deposit a personal check of $600 into my 360 Checking on Monday, May 7, 2012 (after 5 PM ET). The first $200 is available on Wednesday, May 9, 2012. The remaining $400 is available on Tuesday, May 15, 2012.
- I deposit a personal check of $200 into my 360 Checking on Monday, May 7, 2012 (before 5 PM ET). The entire check is available on Tuesday, May 8, 2012.
- I deposit 2 personal checks, each for $200 into my 360 Checking on Monday, May 7, 2012 (before 5 PM ET). That means the total amount I deposited on Monday is $400. The first $200 of that amount is available on Tuesday, May 8, 2012. The remaining $200 is available on Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
- I deposit a personal check of $400 into my 360 Savings on Monday, May 7, 2012 (before 5 PM ET). The entire check will be available on Monday, May 14, 2012.
Note: For checks deposited into 360 Checking or MONEY via a check deposit taking ATM, the cut-off time to make check deposits is 9 PM ET (vs. the usual cut-off time of 5 PM ET).
Is there a cut off time in order to have funds available the next business day?
Checks deposited after 5 PM ET Monday through Friday, and anytime on Saturdays, Sundays or federal holidays will be processed the next business day and made available based on the info above.
I noticed my check was rejected, what happened?
There are a few reasons why your check may have been rejected. But don’t worry; we’ll let you know what the issue was in your check details and send you an email with the reason.
To view your check details:
- Sign in to capitalone360.com Opens a new window
- Select the account you deposited the check into
- Click on the check reversal transaction
Depending on the issue, you may be able to resubmit the check.
I deposited my check into the wrong account, what should I do?
Hang tight. Once your deposit becomes available, you can transfer the money into the account you want, and because it’s an internal transfer (this includes Capital One Bank accounts), the funds will be available immediately.
What would cause my check to be rejected?
There are a few reasons why your check would be rejected. Here are a few examples:
- We can’t read your check
- The corners of your check are cut off
- The image is too light or too dark
- Information on the check is unclear
- Check is greater than the $5,000 CheckMate deposit limit
- You’re missing a signature on the back
What can I do with the Banking app?
• My Accounts - View your account balances.
• Account Details – View account information, recent transactions and activity.
• Transfer - Transfer money to and from your Capital One 360 or Capital One Bank accounts instantly.
• Deposit Checks – Deposit checks from anywhere, anytime (iOS and Android only).
• Pay Bills – Make payments and schedule your bills.
• Person2Person Payments - Email money securely to anyone’s bank account.
• Find ATMs – Search for fee-free ATMs using an address or your current location.
• Open an Account – Open 360 Checking in 5 minutes.
• Download Apps – Download our other apps from iTunes, Google Play or App World.
• Contact Us - Email, call, Facebook or Tweet us.